"A strange deal in the shadow of war". Nazi Germany made large orders of Swedish granite before and during World War II. The stone would be used to build a new world capital - Germania. A lot of stones were delivered, but after 1943 it became impossible due to the development of the war. But the quarrying in Bohuslän, Blekinge, Skåne and Småland continued anyway and Germany paid punctually until the end of the war. The stone was stored along the Swedish coasts and, after Germany's capitulation and the end of the war, it remained in Sweden.